Welcome to Curzon Avenue Surgery
Local NHS opening times this Christmas and New Year
GP appointments 8am-8pm GP appointments are available to all Enfield patients over the Christmas and New Year period at your local practice or at one of our GP access hubs.
You can book an appointment by calling direct on 03000 333 666 (during hub operating hours only) or via your GP practice.
GP access hub location and opening times
Monday – Friday 6.30pm-8pm
Christmas Day Boxing Day
New Year’s Day
Evergreen Primary Care Centre
1 Smythe Close
Edmonton N9 0TW
Carlton House Surgery
28 Tenniswood Road,
Enfield EN1 3LL
The Woodberry Practice
1 Woodberry Avenue,
Winchmore Hill N21 3LE
Eagle House Surgery
291 High Street,
Enfield EN3 4DN
Walk-in access is also available on weekends and bank holidays at some of our GP hubs. Check below for details:
* Walk in access available, no need to book an appointment
NHS 111 You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. For more information visit www.nhs.uk/111
Pharmacy Your local pharmacist can give you expert advice about over-the-counter medicines that can help with lots of common conditions without the need for an appointment. For Enfield pharmacy opening times during the Christmas and New Year period visit our website www.enfieldccg.nhs.uk
My Health London website My Health London can help you find all the health services near to you www.myhealthlondon.nhs.uk
NHS Choices website NHS Choices is a national NHS website that provides health advice and information www.nhs.uk
Dental care In an emergency, call your own dentist for an appointment, but when the practice is closed, please call NHS 111.
Walk-in services and urgent care centres These centres treat most injuries and illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening. You don’t need to book an appointment - just turn up and you will be seen promptly by either a doctor or nurse.
- Chase Farm Urgent Care Centre, Chase Farm Hospital, The Ridgeway, Enfield, EN2 8JL. Open 8am-10pm, every day.
- Edmonton Walk-In Centre, Evergreen Primary Care Centre, 1 Smythe Close, Edmonton N9 0TW. Open weekends and bank holidays only from 8am to 8pm.
- North Middlesex Urgent Care Centre, North Middlesex Hospital, Sterling Way, Edmonton, N18 1QX. Situated in A&E.
Remember: A&E is for life threatening illnesses and injuries only.
Part of Medicus Health Partners
The Surgery is situated within a 2 minute walking distance from both Ponders End Railway Station and Nags Head Road. We are Based in a converted bungalow which has full disabled access.
We serve a practice boundary area for patients. We are committed to providing high quality GP services to our Patients. This we do by means of clear lines of communication between patients, staff and senior management.
Medicus Health Partners
Dear patient we are pleased to announce that our Practice is working towards a brighter future for our patients. Curzon Avenue Surgery has collaborated with 10 other practices in Enfield to form Medicus Health Partners (MHP).
This exciting development will provide the foundation for a new model of General Practice which we believe will provide a valuable contribution to the NHS as a whole which will ultimately result in a better service for all of our patients.
- We will still continue to provide you with an excellent service, however we are currently changing the way we work by reviewing the way in which we deliver our services and the organization of our practice so that we can better serve our patient’s needs.
- Please bear with us whilst we implement those changes. Over the next few months we will be asking you for your views and opinions on how we can improve our services.
- Please visit this site regularly over the next 6 months to find out about the changes that are taking place.
- Please also take part in the online questionnaires and surveys that we will be posting in this site, to find out your views so that we can improve on the services that we offer.
The doctors and staff at Curzon Avenue Surgery in Ponders End are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback.
(Site updated 20/12/2017)