GP extended access service and other alternative services to A&E – suggested text for practice websites
Need to see a GP in the evening or on the weekend?
Routine and urgent evening and weekend appointments with a GP or nurse are available for all Enfield patients at one of four Enfield GP access hubs.
Appointments are available:
- Monday to Friday: 6.30pm - 8pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: 8am - 8pm
Booking an appointment is easy:
You can request an appointment by contacting reception during normal opening hours, or by calling NHS 111 when the GP practice is closed.
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.
NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. You can also ask for a translator if you need one.
For more information visit www.nhs.uk/111
NHS 111 is now available online.
Your local pharmacist can give you friendly expert advice about over-the-counter medicines that can help with lots of common conditions without the need for an appointment. Other services include smoking cessation and the minor ailments scheme.
Urgent care centres
These centres treat most injuries and illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening. You don’t need to book an appointment - just turn up and you will be seen by either a doctor or nurse.
- Chase Farm Urgent Care Centre, Chase Farm Hospital, The Ridgeway, Enfield, EN2 8JL. Open 8am-10pm, every day.
- North Middlesex Urgent Care Centre, North Middlesex Hospital, Sterling Way, Edmonton, N18 1QX. Situated in A&E and open 24 hours a day, every day.
Mental health emergency
In a mental health crisis please call 020 8702 3800.
Accident and Emergency (A&E)
For life threatening illnesses or injuries go to A&E or call 999. A&E and 999 should only be used in a critical or life threatening situation.
- North Middlesex University Hospital, Sterling Way, Edmonton, N18 1QX Tel: 020 8887 2000
- Barnet Hospital, Wellhouse Lane, Barnet, EN5 3DJ Tel: 020 8216 4600